Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Practice Blog Post

Robert Weatherford
EDM 310 Practice Blog
May 26, 2015

Hey everybody, my name is Robert Weatheford and I am attending the University of South Alabama. I live in Alabama in a little town called Uriah. I have lived there my whole life and very much looking forward to leaving after graduation. I have an older brother named Ryan and a younger sister named Kaylee. I attended elementary and high school at J.U.Blacksher. After graduating high school, I then made my way to Faulkner State Community College and stayed there for about two years. Upon finishing, I started South Alabama this past spring. I love movies and especially all the super nerdy ones that all you love so much. I have seen the new Avengers movie ten times in the theaters since its release a couple of weeks ago and plan to see it a few more times. Fun fact one of my favorites superheroes is getting a movie next year in 2016. Anybody want to guess what that characters name is? Doctor Strange. What are the odds?

I want to become a teacher because there is a desire in me to see every student reach his or her maximum potential. I do not just want to be their daytime babysitter but rather an individual who really pushes them to do great things. Being a teacher comes with a lot of responsibility and demands to take under consideration. We have to know the subject material we want to teach. How can we teach if the subject matter eludes us? First and foremost, we as teachers need to care about our work and students. The biggest mistake a teacher can make is to fall into a state of apathy and disinterest.


Our professor is also a famous superhero.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Robert,
    My father lived in Uriah Al. he has passed away. It is a a really small town. At my age I'm not really into super nerdy movies. Concerning Dr. Strange hang on in there, sometimes things are not as bad as it seems. You want to become a teacher because there is a desire in you that some people don't have, a desire to see every student reach his or her maximum potential and goal.I know you have probably heard so many times, the school system really more male teachers. I am going to go a little further. The school system really need more male good teachers like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember to put your outline at the top of this post. It is very important that you follow all of the instructions for each blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Robert!
    My husband has some family that live in Uriah. I absolutely love movies and have yet to see the Avengers movie, but want to so bad! I have to say though, my favorite superhero is Batman. I like your views on teaching and I agree that a teacher should never get to the point where they are not interested in what they are doing. Teachers may not realize it, but they are effecting and influencing so many lives.

    ReplyDelete