Thursday, May 28, 2015

Blog Post #1


www.mbscience.org/
 
These were my thoughts before entering into Dr.Strange's class. The infamous EDM 310 class. I feel that I have been hearing horror stories about this class since the day I was born. The people in the know say that the work load that is required of the students is quite exponential. Myself being a self aware procrastinator is a little antsy about what the journey ahead might entail. I am also taking two other classes and Dr.Strange is adamant that we will use every bit of the sixteen hours that our required of us. Is this too much of a load for a brisk summer semester?

After my first day sitting in the class many of the questions I had were answered bluntly and with relieving honesty. Yes there is going to be a lot of work to do. There will be things that we must try to figure out by ourselves. This concept of self proficiency in a college class is a little foreign to me. To quote Dr. Strange most if not all of my classes up to this point have been in the "Burp Back" format. This was certainly easier but did I really learn anything? How will adapt to this new format? I am apprehensive yet excited about the new way of thinking that this class might open. There is work sure but it will hopefully help me as a student become a better prospective teacher. I look for to learning some new technology skills and learning how to instill them into my teaching strategy. I look at the road ahead and sure it will be difficult but much will be learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment